Sep 21, 2011

She Ain’t Heavy . . . .


She’s my Sister
She-ain't-heavy-.-.

A layout featuring another one of my older photo’s.This one was taken back in 2008, the year we moved from England to Ireland. We all went for an evening walk on the Five Fingers Stretch in Lagg to watch the sunset and Amy got tired of walking so Joe carried her. I love this photo.

The colour scheme of orange, blue and beige was governed by the colours in the photo, something I like to do a lot. The papers are all various ranges from Sassafras and so are the blooms.  I stuck the cardboard stickers onto coloured card to give them the edge effect and to make them a bit more sturdy for bending and shaping.

She-ain't-heavy-CU1.

She-ain't-heavy-CU2.

So, we are over the half way mark during the month of September and the weather here in Ireland is not the best. Its been raining on and off for days and the winds are blowing a gale mostly, perfect weather for staying in the craft room and scrapping, which is just what I intend to do over the weekend as there is a cyber crop going on within the Red Ribbon House on UKScrappers, I just a supply of Pepsi Max and a few bars of chocolate and I will be ready to go !
Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs
Dee
xx

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Dee - the colours are just perfect for your photograph and a fab title too.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colours are wonderful, it's a really crisp, sharp looking layout .... Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the colours zing out at you from the flowers, they make the page so crisp and clean. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)