Apr 1, 2012

Scrap-A-Sketch March Reveal

Its our first month with the new group of scrappers who love sketches! Shirley kicked off Scrap-A-Sketch with this sketch which I rotated 90 degree’s for my LO:

user15193_pic26941_1329813158

Considering I have had severe Mojo-itis, Scrappers Block or whatever else you want to call it I am pleased with my finished LO. I have had a group of photo’s from a trip I took to London in 2006 with the kids sitting in my ‘to scrap’ box for a fair while with the intention of doing a mini book but instead I have opted for this.

Behind the main photo is a pocket containing inserts with the other photo’s on. The title, Back Where I Come From is inspired by a song of the same name by Kenny Chesney. Due to work commitments that year it was difficult for Eugene and I to get time off together (as we worked together!) so I took the kids on a 5 day break to London to show them where I grew up. This was their first time in London and they were super excited albeit a little spooked by the noise and crowds having grown up in the Lincolnshire countryside. Going down on the underground with them was an experience I shall never forget . . lol  In fact the high speed train down to London was a first for them too!

BWICF

The inserts are double-sided. I trimmed the tops with a ribbon frill so that when they are tucked into the pocket it gives the impression of a singular trim.

bwicf-close-up

We visited The Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, London Dungeons, Tower Bridge, The London Eye (which we went up in – mega scary for me!!) Hamleys Toy Shop, The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Covent Garden and Guys Hospital. Yep, I even took them back to show them the miserable grey tower block hospital where I was born many many moons ago.

I wonder what Suzy has in store for us with her choice for the April sketch ?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO and what a fab idea tucking those little pics behind!! Beautiful memories :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab set of photos and a lovely way to scrap them. Great LO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)