May 10, 2012

One Man and His Dogs . . . .

. . . . .  go walking!  Not the most flattering photo of my husband but one that I really love just because to me it tells the story of the bond between Eugene and the dogs. They simply adore him and would follow him to the moon and back.

sketch37ml5
I did this layout back in April for a weekly challenge that was set on UKS by my team The RikRakRavers.  Our criteria was to use this sketch to scrap about a man in our lives, use paints/inks/misting, use lots of different style alphas and of course to use our namesake element RikRak.






OMAHD

I used my March Creative Kit from My Creative Scrapbook which was jam packed with the Paradise range from My Little Yellow Bicycle.

The base for my layout is actually the bottom of the box that my kit came in . . . I do love to recycle! 
OMAHDCU1
Using different style alphas on the layout was a great way to use up odds and ends and adds more interest to the page.  The ‘MAN’ alphas were actually pink and glittery ones from a very old collection by K & Co!  A rub down with the sandpaper, a coat of gesso then a top coat of brown transformed them beyond recognition. When I was done though they looked too ‘clean’ so I rubbed them down gently again with the sandpaper to distress them  a bit.
OMAHDCU2
I love all of my layouts (well mostly!) but every now and then I do one that just really makes me smile, this was one of those x

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)