Oct 29, 2012

The Look

This is my LO for the Creative Craft World Challenge this month. This is the first time I have played along with the challenge and I found out about from my UKScrappers teamie Heather when she won the challenge last month. Pop over here to see her lovely page as guest designer this month.

We all know ‘The Look’ dont we, the one the kids give us when they are fed up of us mum’s pointing the camera at them 24 /7 to capture every moment for our scrapbooking ?  Tony’s look says it all really!

This is the sketch we had to work with and my LO . . . . .

Scrap Map Oct[12]

I substituted the four photo’s for just one and set about playing with gesso and inks. I used the Its A Boy’s Life papers from Echo Park as they matched the colours in the photo perfectly but they were too bright and I wanted the photo to be the main focus so with a coat of gesso over the top it toned everything down. I got carried away with the gesso and even painted straight onto my photo!  I know, scary stuff!  I love the way it turn out.

The-Look

Even the alpha’s had a bit of a make-over. The plain white foam Thickers looked too clean and crisp so I doodled around them with a brown journaling pen.

the-look-2

Pop over the the Creative Craft World Challenge blog to see all the other entries this month.

7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this LO - love the colours and the photo...yes I get the look from my boys when I take a photo!! Thanks for joining in at CCW - Hugs Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great page Dee! I love the way you gessoed the papers to tone them down. Super photo too :) Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft World. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is a fab page - there are so many things I like about it. Thank you for joining in with us at CCW.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many times have I seen that look with my daughter lol!

    Love how you've interpreted the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Love it, Ive got all this to look forward too! Thank you for joining our challenge at CCW

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LO - love the ink detail and the photo is just adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work...followed a link from Scraps of Darkness (your birthday is coming up soon so your name was up there...followed a link and found you lived in Ireland too!!) I have had such a hard time finding other scrappers till just this past month...where do you shop/crop? Your work is wonderful, such a great style...still trying to find mine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)