Aug 19, 2012

A Total Lack of . . . . .

everything!  Crafting, blogging, online chatting and Pinterest browsing. Why ?  Well, I’ve been suffering from a bad bout of reoccurring migraine. I’ve been a sufferer for as long as I can remember and its something you get used to but the latest cluster of attacks I have had really threw me and zapped all my energy. 

Thankfully I’m feeling on the up and up now and the new glasses I pick up this Friday should help a little especially with my computer time (a girl needs her online quota!).

With a quiet house this morning I have managed to spend some time scrapping and produce a LO for the house challenge on UKScrappers which was a colour combo challenge. These are the colours for the challenge, which I absolutely love and could use over and over again.

AugustColourCombination-1

My old Epson photo printer has finally given up the ghost so I am not very organised with photo’s as I usually wait and print off what I need / want for a particular LO so this time I had to sift through some older photo’s and find one I liked that I thought would work with these colours. I settle on this photo of the three kids from March 2009 (gosh that seems like forever ago doesn’t it ?). I chose it because I liked the green and grey tones in the background and also if you look up close you’ll see that both Amy and Tony have a little touch of pink on their clothes (Amy’s T-shirt peeping out from under her jumper and the lettering on Tony's Fleece) – perfect match to compliment the challenge colours.

Be Seated Little Ones

Be-Seated

I used a mask and some ink dabbers to add some interest to the background paper and then distressed some scraps of patterned paper to create a matt for the photo. The leaves are punched from the Owl Stampin’ Up punch.

Be-Seated--4

A little chipboard heart embellished with a pink gem is layered onto a heart sticker  . . . . .

Be-Seated--2

To add in a little touch of the accent pink colour I printed off a sticker using my Brother Label Maker which I have had for almost a year and never used before then added a bit of stitch detail in a shade of pink underneath. I kept the alpha’s ‘naked’ and just dabbed a light touch of ink onto them through the same spotty mask I had used for the background.

Be-Seated--3

To finish off I journalled round the page about our day hiking in the Glenveagh NP and how tired the kids where when we came upon these three seats in a clearing in the forest just in time for them to take a much needed rest.

This morning has been a lovely scrapping time . . . .  its good to be back x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)