Aug 2, 2012

Been There, Done This . . .

A few weeks ago I travelled to Holystone nr. Newcastle for the Frozen North Crop and as per usual I had a fab time with friends. My scrapping mojo has taken a nose dive and didn’t really surface all weekend as much as I tried. I did manage 3 LO’s and a bit of a mini book . . . .   so here’s what I achieved in between coffee cake (supplied by the lovely Karen) chatter and too many cups of tea.


This month the House Challenge on UK Scrappers came with this sketch for inspiration . .  . .

UKSJulysketchcrazypants

The photo is of Amy & Tony on beach. Amy was having one of her crazypants moments which was hilarious . . .   and I just love the look of amusement on Tony’s face.

The next LO I did was for the weekly challenge which was set by Michelle. Her criteria were scrap a non summer theme, use paint on your LO, use an odd number of photos and use white space. Here’s what I came up with . . .



We’re Simply Perfect Together

perfct-together

Karen kindly lent me her bubble wrap stamp to play with and of course I loved it so I have now bought one of my own. I stamped with acrylic paint and then painted the chipboard heart to coordinate.

perfect-together-2

And my final LO was for my Scrap-A-Sketch group. The sketch was chosen this month by Heather . .

89bcd90829c03133b38bab37971411bf_27579

These photo’s of Tony playing on his surf board were perfect for this LO. I had originally taken these pics to the Scrapstars Retreat to use during one of Emma Trout’s classes but once I got there I realised they didn’t fit with the theme of the papers we used.

SurfBoardFunsurfboardfun2

Since I got back from Holystone I have done absolutely nothing in the line of scrapbooking or otherwise crafty . . .  a bad migraine attack has had me feeling flat for a few days now so I am only just get back online. 

Here’s hoping August is going to be a month full of creativity and a bit more sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for more craftiness and better weather. Stunning LO's
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)