Sep 13, 2012

Challenges, Challenges!!

 

We all love a good challenge don’t we ? UKScrappers weekly challenges are a great way to get me scrapping and most weeks I do try to play along.

Last weeks challenge was a tough one for me mainly because it asked for an Autumn themed photograph and I didn’t have one in my ‘to scrap’ pile so I had to rummage through the older pics from my click box under the bed (Yes, Im sure everyone has one of these!). I found this adorable pic of Joe way back when he was a wee munchkin. He had been given this wooden aeroplane by a family friend and desperately wanted to fly it so we headed off to Belton Park to have a play. Trying to explain to a 3 year old that a heavy wooden aeroplane wouldn’t actually fly was fun in itself!  I know the photograph isn’t particularly Autumn themed but it was taken in the Autumn of 1998 so it was as close as I could get. The trees in the background are starting to lose their leaves and the colours changing so the Autumn element is in there.

The other criteria for the challenge was to use leaves on your LO and a colour scheme made up of the traditional Autumn colours of green, orange and yellow. The papers are all from my old stash pile with a few tiny bits from the scraps box thrown in.



Time to Fly

Time-to-Fly

I punched my leaves out with a Stampin’ Up punch and then drew on the with an embossing tool :

time-to-Fly-2

Now onto this weeks challenge, which was much easier for me as it was made up of all my favourite things. Use the sketch provided, use chipboard, use ribbon and sew on your LO. This challenge was designed for me!

The photograph I chose for this one is another from my oldies (that rummage through for the Autumn themed photograph actually produced a handful of pics which have now found themselves sitting in my ‘to scrap’ pile x) I just love this photo of Amy & Tony back in 2001 having a hug. We were all dressed up for a party and waiting in the hallway to leave when I snapped this. They were always hugging each other and holding hands and I love it that they are still as close today, if not more so.

The colours on the photograph play a big part in what papers I chose to scrap with and this one was screaming out for the new Fancy Pants papers I bought recently  Country Boutique. The pale browns and blues were perfect.

 

WeHeartHugs

As part of the sewing element I made a lace flower and finished it off with a button centre. The two butterflies represent Amy & Tony.

WeHeartHugs2

My chipboard element came in the form of this square with a heart cut out. I actually used the reverse side showing the raw chipboard colour (the ‘real’ is hot pink!) and inked the edges to make it blend in.

WeHeartHugs3

The little cherub is so cute perched there!

WeHeartHugs4

Im almost out of this paper now but I love it so much I think a re-order is on the horizon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)