Mar 4, 2012

Whoo Hooo!! I did it . . .

. . . . . .  finally!  Why am I so excited you may ask, well its all because of this:

Smokey Water

smokey water-1

Now its by no means ‘professional’ or even completely ‘in focus’ but by my previous standards it fantastic!  I  have been trying to get this smokey water effect in my photo’s for ages.  The art is all in the exposure time to capture the movement of the water.  This photo was taken at the Glenevin Waterfall just outside Clonmany the other day and I do admit to letting out a little squeal when I saw the preview shot show up on the back of my camera. I really have the taste for this now and cant wait for the weather to brighten up a bit so I can sit on the beach with my camera and tripod and take smokey water photo’s all day long!

4 comments:

  1. WOW that is pretty impressive!!! Could I do that with a point and shoot on manual?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty perfect to me Dee - a fabulous shot and no wonder you were pleased

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! it's amazing, we seem to like the same things in photography as that is the sort of thing I always want to try to capture. I think it is a great photo, well done Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS Dee!!! I was obsessive about long shutter speeds when I was learning about my camera.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)