Jan 17, 2011

Life & Me - Cover and Page 1.

Over the weekend I finally got round to starting on my Life & Me project. I bought this blank journal last week :


I covered it with a couple of coats of Gesso:


Then I set to work with the pink acrylic paint!! Pink is my favourite colour.  I played around with glimmer mists to create a base background which I was happy with but it seemed to be missing something so I added some detail using a stencil to the top left corner. The chipboard letters have been living in my stash for some time (they are from K & Company) and the metal 'M' and 'E' are stray letters left over from a set which is also quite old so Im doing well on my resolution to use up some of my stash mountain before spending out on new stuff!!

This is the final result:



Then the task of page 1. The prompt was 'This is Me',  an introduction to who I am. The difficult part of this page for me was getting a photo of myself (there aren't that many as I am a reluctant model much preferring to stay behind the camera!) so I decided to use this one and chop my darling husband off the photo! The reason I decided on this pic is because it was taken in Red Rock Canyon just outside Las Vegas which is where we went to celebrate my 40th Birthday and as this journal is going to be a record of my 40th year I thought it fit quite well. 

The background was created painting layers of blue acrylic paint and then stamping a decorative edge in Denim distress ink using a Stampin' Up stamp from the Vintage Vogue set. The journalling is self explanatory - words and phrases I would use to describe myself at this point in my life and then a bit of doodling and a cute mouse stamp just because I like him!


OK, Im ready for page 2!!

4 comments:

  1. Great page and totally loving the front cover of your journal :) Thanks so much for joining in, prompt 2 is now on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Dee! Very art-journal-like. I love that edge stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I'm loving this journal, can't wait to see it progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cover Dee and I really love the stamping around your first page! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)