Feb 5, 2012

Winter Snuggles

My LO for last weeks challenge on UKS. With the temperatures outside so freezing I think we could all do with some winter snuggles . .. lol

This photo of Amy is actually from 2 winters ago. I have had it in my ‘to scrap’ pile for a fair while and kept going off it as it is so dark but something about the photo appealed to me so Im pleased I finally scrapped it. I think it looks OK against such bright papers.

The criteria was to use this sketch from October Afternoon, journaling and something from our new stash.

jan 5

So here’s my LO:
Winter Snuggles
Winter-Snuggles

My journaling is minimal but it’s on there – ‘all wrapped up’  - there was not much else I wanted to say as the photo was taken at random during a cold winter walk on the beach.  As for the new stash, well that would be my pink, fluffy pom pom ribbon!  I got this from Crafts Boutique along with a couple of other colours and have yet to use any of it. I thought it was perfect for this LO as Amy has pink pom poms on the end of her scarf, you can see them just popping out of her coat.

I have tied this LO up with the January challenge at My Creative Scrapbook which was to make our own embellishments.  Using the pretty paper to create blocks of interested would count as an embellishment and I jazzed up a couple of them with extra detail like the heart cut from the paper and my favourite one, wrapping ribbon around and then popping a metal flower on top. The centre of the flower was cut from the paper too so it all coordinates.

Winter-Snuggles-CU1

Apologies for no Friday Photo this week – the weather has been just awful and I have hardly taken any photo’s apart from the few I took for the 52 Walks challenge. I know all my family and friends back in the UK are having snow right now but as yet here in Ireland we haven’t seen any and I pray it stays that way!  Rain I can deal with (we’ve had plenty of that lately!)  but snow . . oh no!  How long until Spring ???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)