Feb 29, 2012

2 Weekly Challenges . . . . .

I’ve been too busy to blog so Im catching up with 2 LO’s for the weekly challenge on UKScrappers.

Im still on target to do ALL of the weekly challenges on UKS this year although I have gone slightly off track with my vow to use only old stash and scraps!  Both these LO’s have been done using some of my recent kits from My Creative Scrapbook.

This first one was for the challenge last week which was set by the Twilight Addicts and I have used some of my January kit. The criteria here was to use the sketch they provided, multiple photo’s and take inspiration from a book for either your title or colour scheme.

These fun photo’s of Joe (which are slightly blurry but too fun not too scrap!) were taken whilst the kids were pier jumping in Malin Head last summer.  My title ‘The Jump’ was inspired by the book of the same title by Martina Cole.

The-Jump

This weeks challenge was set by the ladies from the East Kilbride Crop and was a favourite of mine to do as the criteria involved all of my favourite things. Sewing on the LO, butterflies, making our own blooms and using a sketch.

Love You Sweetpea is the title for my LO featuring Amy. Its a sweet saying we have between the two of us. She always tell us she loves us and in reply I say to her ‘Love You Sweetpea’ x
The photo is an old one from 2009 and she has grown up quite a bit since this was taken but its one of my favourites and has been in my ‘to scrap’ pile for a while.

I followed the sketch pretty much as it was as I liked the clean simple lines. My butterflies are from a Stampin’ Up set and I made my blooms using a technique I saw recently on the Teresa Collins Blog. These fab papers were in the February My Creative Scrapbook kit. They are from the Paper Heart range by Crate Paper.

Love-You-Sweetpea

Love-You-Sweetpea-CU

Tomorrow is the 1st of March, can you believe that. How fast is this year going ?   I am signed up for another photography course over on Big Picture which starts tomorrow with Elisha Snow called mastering manual mode. Im loving this new venture of photography. I’ve had my camera for a few years now but never really learnt how to use it to its full potential so this year I was determined to change that. The course runs for 8 weeks, so with the photo’s I’ll be taking for class, my 52 Walks project and Snap 2012 this blog could become overloaded with photo heavy posts – you have been warned!  Tomorrow is also reveal day for my Sketch & Scrap group so I’ll be posting my LO for that in the morning.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. 2 gorgeous projects Dee! I really luv ur sweetpea LO! It feels so fresh & pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dee your layouts are stunning hun. I love those handmade flowers. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)